Europe is a place that is a dream of every traveller to travel to Europe at least once in their lifetime which is like ticking one stuff in the bucket list, it can be a sports lover or even a family vacation as well as a honeymoon destinations for the couples but it is important to understand about Europe so let’s talk about Europe.
Location and Population: – Europe is a subcontinent of Eurnisa that is located in the Northern Hemisphere and near the North Atlantic Ocean. It is considered to be a peninsula. Europe has a total of 44 countries. The geographical area of Europe is around 10.18 million km2 that is 2% of the surface of the earth and it is the second smallest continent. It is 20% bigger than the USA. It is also called the subcontinent or largest peninsula.
The total population of Europe according to the Census as on 1st January, 2022, the population is around 446.8 million with Russia having the highest number of population.
Europe’s history: – Europe’s history has gone through a lot of pain and it has seen many empires that were established and crushed by the enemies. Besides it has also experienced dangerous world wars that has led to countries being separated and new countries being formed that is leading to change in the entire map of Europe. Besides this Europe has also gone through a lot of hate among other countries due to feminist leaders with their racist speeches like the Nazi Leader Adolf Hitler. Let us understand the history of Europe through the important events that took place in Europe between the 14th century till the end of the 19th Century which are the renaissance, french revolution, industrial revolution and World wars 1 and 2. These main events led to changes in Europe.
Culture and food: – The culture and food in Europe is very different from that of Asia. The culture in Europe is different from Asia. It is based on the values that made the European Union which are equality wherein there is no hatred among people towards other countries and all are considered equal. For example when Russia invaded Ukraine all the remaining European countries supported Ukraine. The remaining values are human rights, democracy, rule of law and human dignity.
Most of the population in Europe prefer to eat Non-veg and they eat meat which is prohibited in some Asian countries like Beef, Pork and many more. Some of the popular food dishes in Europe are Fish and Chips which are from England. It is a very tasty and finger licking dish as the fish will be fried and it will be served with chips and some sauce or gravy. Next is Pizza which is very famous in Italy and there are many varieties of pizza in Italy such as Margherita, Capricciosa, Diavola etc. The next dish is the waffles from Belgium which are of two types depending on the shape of the waffle. The one which is made in rectangle shape is a belgian waffle while the one which is made in an oval shape is a Liège waffle. The waffles come out in various flavours like nutella chocolate, dark chocolate, strawberry waffle etc.
Things to explore in Europe: – Europe is a big continent and there are many things to explore over there. There are various festivals and activities that happen in Europe and the tourists can participate in them, some of which are as follows: –
- Carnival of Venice: – It is a festival that happens in Italy and it is known for the colourful masks and the gala ball. This is celebrated for 20 days in Europe and it is the best traditional festival in Europe. There are competitions held in this festival like Best Mask Design Contest, Popularity Contest etc.
- Europe music festival: – It is a very old music festival that happens in various countries of Europe. The tourists should visit the Belgium music festival which is called as tomorrowland.
- Cannes film festival: – This festival is held in France and it is said to be the most important festival in films other than the Oscar award show. The celebrities come to the Cannes red carpet representing their country and their style of clothing.
- Oktoberfest: – It is a festival that happens in Bavarian, Germany and there are people who wear Bavarian costumes to celebrate the festival. There are food as well as beer stalls in the festival.
- Skydiving: – The tourists can skydive in Interlaken, Switzerland jumping out from a plane at 13,000 feet along with a person to help you in the skydive.
- Paragliding: – The tourists can paraglide in Austria’s Tyrol state. There is a Tyrolean village where the tourists can paraglide over there.
Things to buy in Europe: – The things that a tourist should buy from Europe are the delicious chocolates which are different from what is made in Asian countries and some that are not available in Asian countries, wine, electronic items like laptops, speakers are available at an affordable price, clothes of good different material and from different brands, cosmetics for ladies, perfumes, watches, sports equipments like football, cricket kits, badminton rackets and most importantly the tourists buy alcohol like Vodkas, Rum and many more.
Best time to visit: – The best time to visit Europe is during the months of June to September. This is because in all the places there is sunshine and the weather is pleasant enough for the tourists to explore Europe with slight chances of rain.
Places to visit in Europe
There are around 44 countries in Europe which the tourists would not be able to cover in one trip. Thus we have shortlisted the important countries that are popular in Europe that are as follows: –
- France: – France is a country that is located in the western part of Europe and it is famous for many things such as food, monuments, rivers, mountains etc. The places which tourists should visit in France are the Eiffel tower in Paris where most of the tourists visit first in France and it has become a symbol of france. The next place is Musée du Louvre which is a popular museum in France in the form of a pyramid that is known for its art collections. The next place is Arc de Triomphe which is a historic monument that was constructed to honour the soldiers who died during the first world war for France. The next thing France is known for is their food. They are known for their french cuisine that includes croissants, gourmet food that is bisque, coq au vin etc. Besides this, France is also known for wine as the Bordeaux region is famous for wines in France.
- United Kingdom: – It is not just a country but an island that is a combination of England, Scotland and Wales. It is located in the north western part of Europe and London is the capital of the United Kingdom. The places that the tourists must visit in United Kingdom are the London eye which is a ferris wheel that gives a good view of the city of london, the london bridge which is a very spot for the tourists to click pictures and especially when a ship passes the bridge is lifted, there is also a big ben which is a big clock tower in London which is very good sight to watch for people who want to click photos.
- Germany: – Germany is a country that is located in the western part of Europe and it is known for sports, historic monuments, castles, museums etc. The capital of Germany is Munich. The places to visit in Germany are the Brandenburg gate which has six columns and four horse chariot on the top of the gate. It is best viewed during the evening time with the lights switched on the monument. The next place that is a dream place in Germany for all sports lovers is the Allianz arena which is the home of Germany football team and FC Bayern Munich, a domestic football team. The next place is the Neuschwanstein Castle which is known for its beautiful scenery and it is built on a hill above the Hohenschwangau village.
- Italy: – Italy is a country that is located at the mediterranean sea coasts and it is known for the invention of pizzas in Naples. There are many places to visit in Italy such as the Colosseum in Rome which is a famous historic monument that has become a tourist spot in Italy, Venice is a beautiful place in terms of the scenery and the tourists can also take boat rides to view the city of Venice which is in water. The Milan Cathedral which is also known as Duomo di Milano is the most popular Cathedral in Milan and it is dedicated to St Mary. Apart from the monuments in Italy, the country is known for its cuisine keeping the pizza aside there are dishes like risotto, pasta, arancini, focaccia etc.
- Austria: – Austria is a country that is located in the south part of central europe near the eastern alps. It is the home to the tallest waterfall in Europe that is Krimml waterfalls which is very big and a beautiful sight for the tourists to click pictures. They can also view the rainbow at the waterfall. The tourists can also visit the Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna which was the residence of the Habsburg rulers and it has around 1,441 rooms. Besides this the tourists can also do trekking in the Großglockner mountain which is said to be the highest mountain in Austria.
- Switzerland: – Switzerland is a country that is located in the Central part of Europe and it shares from all the sides that it shares in all directions to France, Italy, Germany and Austria. It is famous for cheese, chocolates and beautiful nature viewing places especially the lakes. Switzerland is also known for its cuisine which is raclette, Rosti, Tarts and Quiches, fondue etc. There is the Rhine Valley which has a mesmerising view of the Rhine falls.
- Belgium: – Belgium is located in the northwestern part of Europe which is a small country and Brussels is the most popular city in Belgium. It is famous for beer, waffles, diamonds and music. The tourists can visit the splendid canal of Bruges which is beautiful in terms of view and the tourists can also do a boat ride that passes through the canal. Belgium is also known for their cuisine apart from waffles which are Moules-frites, Belgian fries, Speculaas, Stoemp and the delicious Belgian chocolate.
How to reach Europe: – The tourists can visit Europe either through various airlines such as Air India, Emirates, Lufthansa, British Airways and many more. The tourists can also go by the longest route that is through road that will take around 40 to 45 days to reach and side by side they will cover other countries that will come in their way like Dubai, Saudi Arabia and many more. The tourists need to have all the documents related to the countries they will pass through like the visa, passport etc. There is a bus that has started in New Delhi that goes till London which takes approximately 70 days and it will cover 18 countries.
Popular Packages to Amaze your Journey: – We know that you are excited to explore Europe and thus we at Dewan holidays have come out with various Europe tour packages that we recommend to our customers which are as follows: –
|Name of the Package||Duration of the Package||Price of the Package (RS)||Countries to be covered in Europe|
|European Discovery||14 nights / 15 days||2,62,990||United Kingdom, Holland, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy and Vatican City|
|New Amazing Europe Tour||9 nights / 10 days||1,72,990||Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland and France|
|Best of Europe||9 nights / 10 days||2,13,990||United Kingdom, Belgium, France and Switzerland|
|Classic Eastern Europe||7 nights / 8 days||1,61,990||Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Austria|
|Magical Scandinavia with Estonia||9 nights / 10 days||2,45,990||Finland, Estonia, Sweden and Norway|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which visa is required to travel to Europe?
Ans: The visa required to travel Europe is the Schengen visa.
- What is the cash utilised in European Countries?
Ans: The currency used in most of the countries in Europe are Euros but there are countries who use pounds, kuna, crown, krone etc. It depends upon the country in which the tourist is travelling.
- What are the things that you should carry before going to Europe?
Ans: There is a blog that talks about the things that a tourist should carry before going to europe. The link is given below: –
- Which are the restaurants in Europe that serve Indian food?
Ans: The restaurants in Europe that serve Indian food are Nirvana Inde, Chilli Chutney, Hotel Maharaja etc.
- What is the temperature in Europe from June to September?
Ans: The temperature of Europe during June to September is around 7°C to 27°C
- From which European country travellers ought to begin their get-away?
Ans: The tourists should start their European get-way with France as there are well-known historic monuments, religious places, cuisine, etc.