Marvelous Leh & Ladakh By Air Ex Delhi
Leh, Sham Valley, Nubra Valley, Pangong Lake, Leh
Discovering Ladakh with Kargil
Leh, Monastery, Kargil, Pangong Lake, Nubra Valley
Essence of Ladakh- Ex Srinagar
Leh, , Khardungla Top, Nubra Valley, Pangong Lake, Srinagar, Kargil,
Glancing of Ladakh
Leh, , Nubra Valley, Pangong Lake, Kargil, Sham Valley, Changla
Leh, Monasteries, Nubra Valley & Pangong Lake
Best of Leh and Ladakh
Leh, Sham Valley, Pangong Lake, Nubra Valley & Turtuk Village
The Himalayan Journey- Ex Manali
Manali, Jispa, Leh, Sham Valley, Khardungla Top,
Nubra Valley, Turtuk Village & Pangong Lake
Wonder of Ladakh- Ex Chandigarh
Manali, Jispa, Leh, Sham Valley, Khardungla Top, Nubra Valley, Turtuk Village & Pangong Lake
Best Leh Ladakh Tour Packages
Ladakh is a region in India that has become a union territory of India. Ladakh is a place which is known for its beauty, greenery, religious places, high altitude mountain passes etc. It has become a popular tourist spot for shooting films, trekking, family vacation etc. It is called the Land of High Passes. Proceed to investigate this lovely spot with the assistance of best Leh ladakh tour packages on Dewan Holidays site.
Location and Population: – Ladakh is located on the uppermost part of the country near Jammu and Kashmir. It is sharing borders with China. The geographical area of Leh ladakh is 97,000 square kilometres out of which 38,000 square kilometres is under the control of China.
According to the Census conducted in the year 2011, the population of Leh Ladakh is said to be 1,33,487.
Leh Ladakh’s History: – The history of Ladakh has gone through a lot of ups and downs of various empires. Besides this it has also become a refugee for the Tibetians who ran from China including the Dalai Lama. The people had to run away due to the increasing Chinese rule and they could not tolerate the Chinese rule. Ladakh has also witnessed dangerous wars between India and Pakistan in the Kargil region.
Facts you should know about Leh Ladakh: – There are various facts that the tourists should know about Leh Ladakh before visiting it which are as follows: –
- Leh Ladakh is said to be a land of festivals. It includes the Tibetian and Buddhist cultures. It includes popular festivals like Hemis Festival, Tak tok festival etc.
- The largest telescope of Asia is situated in Ladakh. The Indian Astronomical Observatory that is located in the Hanle village has the largest telescope with a height of 4,500 metres.
- The world’s highest bridge is in Ladakh which lies between the Dras and Suru river. The bridge is at the height of 5,602 metres above sea level.
- The national park in Ladakh that is said to be the largest national park in the country is the Hemis national park. It is a land of around 4,400 square kilometres which includes wildlife. It is known for various animals like snow leopard, blue sheep, Tibetan sheep, etc.
- Did you know the world’s highest water lake gets frozen in the winter! Even its colour changes as per the position of the sun. In the morning it is azure blue, in the afternoon it is green, and in the evening it becomes red. It is known as Pangong lake.
- It is a land of fascinating kung fu nuns. The nuns who are said to be the monks who teach Kung fu to men as well as women.
Culture and Food: – The culture of Ladakh is more of Buddhism and there are various buddhist monasteries in Ladakh. Besides this the language spoken in Ladakh is Bodhi which is a Tibetan language. The traditional dress of Ladakh is called Goncha which is also known as Kos or Sulma.
The cuisine of Ladakh is known for its food which is said to be a mixture of Tibetan cuisine. Some of the popular dishes are Thukpa, momos, Skyu, butter tea, Chaang, Apricot jam, Khambir etc.
Things to explore in Leh Ladakh: – There are various things for the tourists to explore in Ladakh like festivals and adventure activities. Some of which are as follows: –
- Hemis Festival: – The popular buddhist festival in Ladakh which is celebrated in the month of June or July at the Hemis Gompa, is Hemis Festival. The best part of the festival is the dance performances and unveiling of big paintings which are called as thangkas.
- Saka Dawa Festival: – The Saka Dawa is an important festival in Buddhism. The festival is known for the birth of Lord Buddha, his enlightenment, and his death or mahaparinirvana on the full moon. It is celebrated in the month of June according to the Tibetan calendar.
- Sindhu Darshan: – The festival is celebrated in June on the occasion of Guru Purnima on the banks of the Indus river which is also known as the Sindhu river is the Sindhu Darshan festival. The prayers are offered by 50 monks and water from different rivers is poured in the Indus river. People enjoy beautiful and unique dance performances across the world from local tourists of different religions.
- River Rafting: – It is a water sport where the tourist can do rafting on the Zanskar river, Indus river, Saspol and many more in Ladakh with proper safety equipment.
- Archery: – Most of the tourists don’t know that Archery is the traditional sport of Ladakh and there are various archery competitions at the National Archery Stadium of Ladakh.
- Polo: – The sport which is popular in Ladakh and it is influenced from the central Asian region is Polo. The tourists have to sit on a horse and control it with one hand, and with the other hand they have to control the mallet and ball keeping an eye on other competitors.
Things to buy in Leh Ladakh: – There are various things that the tourists can buy in Leh Ladakh to complete their shopping list. The things to shop are apricots, Tibetan handicrafts, Ladakhian jewellery, Pashmina shawls, carpets, Prayer wheel, Buddha statues, Chhang, Clothing, Kitchen accessories etc.
Best time to visit: – The best time to visit Leh Ladakh is during the summer season between the months April to July as there will be no snow and sun will be out due to which the temperatures will be bearable for the tourists and they can smoothly explore the region.
Places to Visit in Leh Ladakh
- Leh: – Leh is the joint capital and the largest city in Ladakh. It is the first city that is covered under the best Leh Ladakh tour packages. The sight seeing points that will be covered by the tourists are Shanti Stupa which is located on the hilltop in Chanspa. It is a buddhist stupa which was built by a Japanese buddhist monk Bhikshu Gyomyo Nakamura in 1991. This stupa is known for the architecture, dharmachakra and the tourists have to climb 500 steps to reach the stupa. The stupa should be visited during a sunrise or sunset as it gives an amazing view of the stupa and the Shanti Stupa is made up of marble. The next place the tourists will visit is the Leh Palace which is a historic palace where the royal family used to stay there till the mid 19th century when the Dogra forces captured the palace and the royal family shifted to the Stok Palace. The palace has been converted into a museum with a historic collection of Tibetan paintings, jewellery, ornaments, ceremonial dresses and crowns. The tourists can also go to the roof of the palace which will give them a good view of the Leh city.
- Kargil: – The city that is known for the India- Pakistan wars that happened in 1965 and 1971 is Kargi which is covered under the best Leh Ladakh tour packages . There is a museum which is the Hall of fame that talks about the arms and ammunition used by the Indian army. There is also a documentary in the projection room of the museum which talks about the operations of the Indian Army. There is also a Vijay Smarak which is made to honour the lives of the Indian soldiers who lost their lives during the war. The Kargil city has also been used for shooting movies based on the war and on the Leh- Kargil highway. Recently a bollywood movie named Sher Shah was shot in Kargil.
- Sham Valley: – The valley that has been located near Leh is the Sham Valley. This valley has various religious sites and many hilly areas which tourists must visit in this valley. The sightseeing points that the tourists will explore in the valley are the Gurudwara Patthar Sahib which is a Sikh gurudwara that was made dedicating it to Guru Nanak Dev Ji and there is a shrine that is a rock which shows the back part of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. There was a tale circulating in the valley that when Guru Nanak Dev Ji was returning to Punjab from Tibet, he sat here for meditation and he defeated the demon which tried to kill him. The next place is the majestic hill which has a beautiful view and the layout which creates an illusion in the minds of the tourists and it is a downhill road. The next place is a place where two rivers merge which is known as confluence. It is the confluence of the Indus river that comes from Tibet which is coming from the left side of the confluence and the Zanskar river that comes from the Zanskar valley which comes from the right of the confluence. The next place is the Alchi Gompa which is located in the Alchi village. It is an old and popular buddhist monastery that is known for the structure which is Dukhang, Sumtsek and Manjushri temple. The last place to visit in the Sham valley is the Likir monastery which is a buddhist monastery that is on the top of the hill. It contains houses of 120 monks and a 75 feet golden statue of Lord Buddha. This monastery gives a majestic view of the himalayas.
- Nubra Valley: – The valley which is called the Valley of flowers is called the Nubra Valley. The tourists can reach the valley by passing through the Khardung La pass which is the highest motorable road in the world and the altitude of the valley is around 10,000 feet above sea level. The sightseeing points that the tourists will cover are the Hunder village where the tourists can enjoy camel rides in the Hunder sand dunes. The next place is Diskit which is a village and headquarter of the Nubra Valley. It is a good shopping spot for the tourists as there are local shops in a bazaar to do some shopping. The tourists will go to Pangong lake but there are few places on the way that would be visited by them which are Agham and Shyok Valley which is a shorter route for the tourists to reach the Pangong lake and they will get to see a good scenery of the desert and captivating view of the shyok river. The tourists will also pass through the Tangtse village in Ladakh that acts as a border between Nubra valley and Durbuk village. The tourists will pass through the Durbuk village which is at 12,500 feet above sea level and there is a market in the village that has various general and grocery stores but this market acts as a connecting point for the tourist to go to the Pangong Lake.
- Pangong Lake: – The lake which is located at 14,000 feet above the sea level is Pangong lake which is the last place that is covered in the best Leh ladakh tour packages . It is near the India- China border and it is a very nice breathtaking sight. This place has been used to shoot movies like the ending scene of 3 idiots and a nice view of the river along with the mountains. 70% of the pangong lake is under China territory while the remaining 30% comes under Indian territory.
The tourists will go back to Leh through the Changla pass which is between Leh and the Shyok river. There are places that the tourists will visit on the way back to Leh which are Hemis Gompa which is a buddhist monastery that is dedicated to Padmasambhava also known as Guru Rinpoche. The monastery has 84 paintings of the 17th century of Mahasiddhas. The next place is the Thiksey monastery which is also known as Thiksey Gompa is a buddhist monastery that is located on the top of the hill in Central Ladakh. It is known for its beautiful architecture and it gives a good view of the city from the hill. The next place is the Shey palace which is also known as the Shey monastery or Shey Gompa is located on the hill in Shey. It has the second largest gold statue of Lord Buddha in Ladakh. The last place that the tourist will visit is a school which has become a popular tourist attraction after the movie 3 idiots was shot there which is Druk Padma Karpo school which is near the Shey Palace. The tourists who have seen 3 idiots will be able to recollect some scenes of the movie in the school.
How to Reach Leh Ladakh: – The tourists can reach Leh Ladakh through various modes of transport like flights such as Spicejet, Air India, Gofirst etc. Besides this the tourists can also travel to Ladakh through road via bike, car, jeep, bus and lastly through train etc.
Popular Packages: – These are a list of popular Leh Ladakh tour packages that we recommend to our customers which are as follows: –
|Name of the Package||Duration of the Package||Price of the Package (RS)||Places to be covered in Leh Ladakh|
|Essence of Ladakh- Ex Srinagar||8 nights / 9 days||57,500||Leh, Khardungla Top, Nubra Valley, Pangong Lake, Srinagar and Kargil.|
|Discovering Ladakh with Kargil||7 nights / 8 days||54,500||Leh, Monasteries, Kargil, Pangong Lake and Nubra Valley.|
|Best of Leh and Ladakh||6 nights / 7 days||41,900||Leh, Sham Valley, Pangong Lake, Nubra Valley and Turtuk Village.|
|Marvellous Leh & Ladakh By Air Ex Delhi||5 nights / 6 days||35,990||Leh, Sham Valley, Nubra Valley and Pangong Lake.|
|Glancing of Ladakh||5 nights / 6 days||34,900||Leh, Nubra Valley, Pangong Lake, Kargil, Sham Valley and Changla pass.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- What things should the tourist carry before going for the tour ?
Ans: The things that the tourists should carry before going for the tour are one jacket, 2 pairs of track pants, t-shirts, one pair of sport shoes, medicine kit, documents like aadhar card, tickets etc.
- Which hotels are covered in the tour ?
Ans: Some of the hotels that are covered depending on availability are Togochey, City palace, wooden resort and the tourists will have to sleep in camps in Pangong lake and even in Nubra valley if the hotel is not available. Some of the camps are Regal camp, Tso camp etc.
- What is the temperature in Ladakh during the summer season ?
Ans: The temperature in Ladakh during the summer season is around 15°C to 30°C.
- Is Ladakh safe to visit ?
Ans : Yes, It is safe for all the tourists to visit the region.
- What are the tips to prevent acute mountain sickness ?
Ans: As the tourists tend to go higher in altitude in Ladakh, the acute mountain sickness tends to arise in few tourists. There are certain tips to prevent it which are as follows: –
- Carry small oxygen kit
- Keep the body hydrated
- Avoid having tobacco and alcohol
- Keep the body warm
- Avoid overexertion
- Can a person who is having Asthma visit Ladakh ?
Ans: A person who is having asthma can also visit Ladakh based on the medical advice of his/her doctors.